go back to an older version?

Discussions, support, news

go back to an older version?

Postby ksljmiller » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:46 am

Is there a way to install an earlier version of Astro Player? This latest one is completely non-functional for me but I prefer Astro Player over all others so I'd rather use an old version than a different player.

Thank you!
ksljmiller

Re: go back to an older version?

Postby Andrew Terekhine » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:11 pm

Andrew Terekhine
Site Admin

Postby Jarrod Miller » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:42 pm

The older versions linked above are no longer found. I was going to see if one of them would get around my M4B playback issue, but apparently no luck.
Jarrod Miller

Postby Andrew Terekhine » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Ok, I've updated the links.
Andrew Terekhine
Site Admin

Postby Chmee » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:30 pm

can you update the links for older versions, to include the Astro Player Nova? not for me, but an unhappy user at the Google Play store ;)
Chmee

Postby wdfields » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Because you converted the old AP Unlocker to the new AP Pro, it no longer exists to unlock older versions of AP Nova. Because AP Pro doesn't work with bluetooth or system level media controls and AP Nova did, I'd like to go back to Nova until you fix Pro. Meanwhile I scoured the app market for other fast audio playback capable apps and found Maple. I purchased it and it works with bluetooth and system level media controls but in every other respect it pales in comparison to AP. But I'll have to use it for audiobooks until AP Pro is fixed because I NEED to control playback with bluetooth and I like the option to through other apps like Widgetsoid and Tasker.
wdfields

Postby Zhukov.Vasiliy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:10 am

wdfields wrote:Because you converted the old AP Unlocker to the new AP Pro, it no longer exists to unlock older versions of AP Nova. Because AP Pro doesn't work with bluetooth or system level media controls and AP Nova did, I'd like to go back to Nova until you fix Pro. Meanwhile I scoured the app market for other fast audio playback capable apps and found Maple. I purchased it and it works with bluetooth and system level media controls but in every other respect it pales in comparison to AP. But I'll have to use it for audiobooks until AP Pro is fixed because I NEED to control playback with bluetooth and I like the option to through other apps like Widgetsoid and Tasker.

Sorry for that.
We know about the problem and are working under it. It will be fixed in our next build.
Zhukov.Vasiliy

Postby hislordship » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:35 am

I'm also desperately looking for an older version.
I did e-mail support about the new version and problems experienced, but no reply yet.

My phone updated the app over the weekend, now it has the new skin etc, but it's completely useless.
I can open the app and play tracks, but I can't access any of the options available when pushing the MENU button (e.g. to change the speed of playback, or to exit the app).
Every single option causes the app to crash with the following error:
THE PROCESS ASTRO PLAYER PRO (PROCESS COM.ASTROPLAYERKEY) HAS STOPPED UNEXPECTEDLY. PLEASE TRY AGAIN [FORCE CLOSE]

I see there was an update released again yesterday, but this hasn't made any difference, it's still crashing.

I'm VERY unhappy, I especially bought this app to take to the gym and it's no longer serving my needs.
Pity, especially after showing it to so many people there and recommending it to them.
hislordship

Postby Chmee » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:12 pm

hislordship posted:
I'm also desperately looking for an older version.
I did e-mail support about the new version and problems experienced, but no reply yet.

in the post above by one of the developers this link

http://www.astroplayer.com/download/

looks to include a version of AP Nova for download

hope this helps, C.
Chmee

Return to General